November 12, 2013

Changes!

As you may have noticed the blog has gone through a little transformation, namely the title, and the reason for this is that lately I've been quite unsatisfied with my blog, I feel that as my style and taste is continually evolving, so too should my blog (it is after all an extension of myself!)

Those who follow me on instagram and tumblr will know that my user name has been 'ghostlygarden' for quite some time and I don't see this changing in the future -- as my other half stated 'it sounds much more me'! So to simplify things I've decided to bring my blog up to date and give it a little makeover!

There will be more visual changes to come as I'm currently working on a new title image to replace the simple yet temporary one which is in place at the minute, as well as other little changes which will no doubt be thrown in along the way! One good thing which has arisen out of this is that I'm excited to be getting some use out of my old Bamboo tablet, I'm ashamed to say that it has been collecting dust for quite some time!

I'd be ever so grateful if you would all be so kind as to update my blog name on your reading list, that way there will be no confusion.. hopefully! ♥

Vintage bookplate illustration by Ida Rentoul Outhwaite

8 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved all your incarnations, Sandy, but The Ghostly Garden definitely is very you! Adore the Ida Rentoul Outhwaite illustration. I've got a book on her work. I don't know if you're already aware, but she was an Australian. The Ghostly Garden is all updated on my reading list and I can't wait to see all your plans for the blog gradually materialize! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! :D I'm glad you like it! Oh, what book is this? I'd love to own a book comprising of all her illustrations, although I'd find it hard not to rip out a couple of pages to hang! I hope you approve of the changes to come! ♥

      Delete
    2. This is the book I've got Sandy: http://www.amazon.com/The-Little-World-Elves-Fairies/dp/0207151849

      I've had it since I was a kid. I think there are quite a lot of Ida Rentoul Outhwaite books filled with her illustrations but as far as I know, there aren't any books specifically about her and her artwork. I wish there were. I'd snap one up in a second. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh thank you Emma! I'll definitely have a look into it!

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you're feeling, I have the same thing going on with my blog! :) Just do as you please, because like you said, your blog is an extension of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ida Rentoul Outhwaite's work, especially her witchy illustrations, which seem rarer than her faery ones. I had one of her books as a kid, for which she wrote the story, too. It had faeries, witches, and, rather strangely, koalas in it. I am proud to have her as a fellow Australian.

    ReplyDelete