February 03, 2013

♥ Drink Me ♥

I'd like to thank you all for the well wishes and kind compliments on my last post, it was so lovely to read them on my phone throughout my birthday! ♥ I had such a wonderful day, from morning to night, I really couldn't have asked for anything more, even my second-hand hunting adventure turned up something rather special which added to the happy feelings floating around inside of me all day long!

My sweetie got me something extremely special (to me anyway!) but there will be a whole other post dedicated to that as I've far too much to say about it, but here's the other gifts that brought a wide smile to my face that day!


♥ My sweet spoiled me with sweet things in the form of dreamy and creamy hot chocolate and chai tea complete with a beautifully charming wonderland mug! I simply adore that little cup far too much for words to express, a part of me just doesn't have the heart to take off the darling little 'Drink Me' tag!

He also surprised me with ParaNorman! I had been meaning to buy this myself after watching the trailers for it over and over again! We plan on watching it tonight and I'm counting away the hours until I get to see those endearing zombie faces!


♥ His parents gifted me this pretty bunch of flowers that smell just like spring time, The Lost Boys box set and this utterly beautiful leather-bound edition of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass which I was literally hugging when I opened the box! Just.. O__O!

At the beginning of our thrifty adventure I noticed that Blockbuster were having a 50% off closing down sale that I couldn't possibly pass up! I came away with two films that I had been wanting to watch for a while and both were just £2 each! 


♥ I spotted this elegant beauty in a charity shop window and was instantly smitten by the black velvet, bead detailing and scalloped edging, and at just £1.99 I knew it was destined to come home with me! It has got to be one of my favourite charity shop finds to date!


♥ As always The Works held some bookworm delights to add to our little library! Macabre illustrations and forgotten potions in the Victorian Pharmacy, more adventures from Oz in A Lion Among Men and fascinating history in Necropolis: London and Its Dead! I think Victorian Pharmacy will have a dedicated post of its own some time soon!

I'd like to finish by sharing some songs from a female dark folk singer who has been filling my days this past month with her beautiful lyrics. It isn't often that I find myself drawn to just one artist for such a long period but there was something about her voice, her words and her beautiful imagery that had me hooked from the first moment my ears found her! I must have listened to each of her albums on repeat about 50 times over the past month or so and that isn't an exaggeration!





~ ♥ ~

41 comments:

  1. Oh, the warm chocolaty love! And what a beautiful bag, can't believe the price. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! If this bag was in a charity shop in my town it would probably be triple the price! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  2. You got some really lovely things! I love that mug, I don't think I'd want to take off that 'Drink Me' tag either. And that book is just gorgeous! It'd almost be a shame to put it away on a bookcase!

    I've still not seen Black Swan, I'd heard so many mixed opinions about it so I didn't get round to seeing it when it first came out. I keep meaning to keep a lookout for it on DVD but I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't taken the tag off yet, I've been using my large Alice teacup with these new nommies! Oh it has not been hidden! I've put the book on the end of my 'special leather-bound' shelf so I can see the pretty cover! :D

      I've not watched it yet either, but it has been on my 'to watch' list for a while! I think I'll probably end up watching it one evening this week! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a great birthday! The Alice In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass is a lovely copy! Necropolis: London and it's Dead has got to be my favourite non-fiction book ever! I took so many notes when I read it! It was so fascinating! How lovely to get it so cheap! I have to get my own copy some4time! and the DVDS were a great deal too! I love both those movies! And the purse! I love second hand shop finds, it is my favourite hobby, except for reading.

    Anyway, I am glad you had a wonderful birthday! Sending many well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so bad when it comes to books, I started reading Necropolis yesterday even though I already have 2 others on the go! I love history, especially the macabre side of history, so learning about burial traditions from the neolithic to the Victorian era is fascinating! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  4. So much beautiful things!!! The Hot Chocolate... *YUMMY*... and the books... very very terrific...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What more does anyone really need other than hot chocolate and books?! :D ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  5. omg youre sooo lucky! the books! omg <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! I always manage to find a book or two when we go to The Works, it's definitely my all time favourite discount book store! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  6. Hmmmm the chocolate varieties are looking so mouth-watering... and this gorgeous mug! You are such a lucky one with those beautiful thingies <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meeow! After tasting these I now have my eye on a few other flavours! So delicious! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
    2. I think I should have a look at those chocolates ... hmmmm ♥

      Delete
  7. Wow you got some great presents there! I love the Alice teacup. I have an Alice teapot and teacup I bought at Disneyland a few years a go. I love a good cup of Earl Grey or green tea in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Alice teapot too! :D It was given to me in a swap parcel from a fellow blogger! Green tea and mango is the best! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  8. Such beautiful gifts, you were truly spoilt Sandy! The black evening bag is so gorgeous and such a bargain too. I keep meaning to buy Black Swan on DVD at some point! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! Funny thing was when I got home and took the stuffing out the bag there was a lovely little lipstick holder in the bottom! Double score! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply can't believe how I managed to delete my comment, blogger does ask if I'm sure I want to delete my comment, but somehow I managed to miss that :'D Anyways, I think I wrote something like this: "I simply love that mug! And now you've got me listening to that artist on repeat..." She's got an amazing voice, gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. Hehe blogger can be very strange sometimes! I'm glad you like her music! I can't stop listening to all her songs over and over again! Even my other half knows a few lines now! :p ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday Sandy, you scored some beautiful treasures and your darling's parents must love you to bits, they know you so well and always get you such wonderful gifts:). I took my two youngest to see ParaNorman during the school hols and we all just loved it! The zombies are amazing, especially The Judge. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen Black Swan yet - I'm waiting for the right moment, while your book on Victorian Pharmacy has me very, very intrigued!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desiree! ParaNorman was brilliant, I loved every minute of it! I really want to get Norman's zombie slippers now, you can buy them online! Sticking my feet in zombie mouths every morning would be fun! I'm definitely going to do a sneak peek post of the Victorian Pharmacy book so keep your eyes peeled! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  11. So many beautiful gifts :) Congratulations! the Alice in wonderland book looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really really is! I just love every detail, it will definitely be a pleasure to read from it! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  12. Lovely gifts. Lost Boys- fangtastic!!

    Kudos on getting that bag for £1.99, it's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am incredibly jealous of everything in this post, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well it is all readily available to buy if you want it too :p ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! There's nothing better! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
  15. I like that key detail on the cup :)
    And those chocolate tins look just beyond awesome (I just had to google them, and yay, that company has a shop where my uni is^^)- did you tried them already? are they as good as they look? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The key handle is probably my favourite part! Such an ingenious idea! I have tried both the hot chocolates so far! (not the chai tea, yet!) The Strawberry White Hot Chocolate is beyond delicious! It tastes like melted marshmallows and the creamiest white chocolate! The strawberry isn't very prominent but it is there! Just NOM! ~ ♥ ~

      Delete
    2. Awwww, now I definitely have to try it!^^ :)

      Delete
  16. Ooh fab gifts. Black Swan is very dark but I just loved all the dancing. Listening to your Emily Jane White now.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to hear more about the "Victorian Pharmacy" sounds deliciously wicked! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of the gifts,
    the books, the movies, THE CUP!!!(my favorite)
    I like your blog so much :)

    And yes the pillow is much cheaper, materialcosts: maybe 4-5 Euro
    but i need a few working hours

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely goodies! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday. The little black evening bag is gorgeous! What a find! I look forward to hearing what you thought of 'ParaNorman'. I loved it, but I knew I would because I ADORE 'Coraline'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. (Very Late) Happy Birthday! What amazing gifts! <3 I love the Alice In Wonderland mug, the detail is breathtaking <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always get the most amazing gifts! I'm really going to have to check out this Victorian Pharmacy and you know I still haven't seen The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, I've really got to change that. Happiest belated Birthday again. Strawberry white hot chocolate sounds so amazing to me and I'm going to give these songs a listen right now.

    Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Emily Jane White! She is amazing, I'm in love with her music! Thanks for sharing these songs.

      <3Honeysuckelle

      Delete