January 17, 2013

Frankenweenie

Snow has been falling here in fits and blizzards over the past few days and outside these frozen windows is a land that closely resembles Narnia! The bitter cold air would freeze me to death if it wasn't for the marvellous invention of central heating and woollen blankets to fend off the sting of winter!

A few weeks ago, when I was home for Christmas, my Mum and I took a trip to Ikea to check out their post Christmas sale. I suppose you could say it was my maiden voyage into the unknown as I had never set foot into an Ikea before! It was a little daunting at first, being faced with a labyrinth of rooms filled to the rafters with cloned home-ware, but I did manage to escape in the end laden with some wonderful hidden gems..


These two toasty blankets were just what I'd been dreaming of for our new sofa! I just adore the texture and softness of the white shaggy one which is called the Ofelia throw. The black and white one is called the Eivor throw and it has been well loved this week amidst this weather!


The illustrated bat notebook was far too wonderful to leave behind and these whimsical musical score side plates were a steal at just £1.50 each! I had spotted the retro red striped tray in one of the kitchen displays but by the time we came to collect what we wanted from the warehouse it appeared that they had none left.. so we nabbed the display tray and nobody was any the wiser once the 'display item' sticker was removed!

A small detour to the Disney Store was very much needed after Ikea so that I could check out the sale they were having on all their Frankenweenie items in-store and oh my! was I a very happy bunny with the treasure I found!


I had already made a small order of Frankenweenie items from the Disney Store back in October, namely Sparky above and the mug and tumbler below so when I found Victor on sale at just £5.39 reduced from £18 I knew Sparky and he would be reunited once again!♥ 

Frankenweenie Slime Mug ~ £2.39 reduced from £8

Frankenweenie notebook and bookmark set ~ £1.79 reduced from £6
Victor Christmas Tree Figurine ~ £2.99 reduced from £10


This absolutely amazing breakfast set was reduced from £18 to just £5! My early morning sleepy eyes will now be happily awakened by the sight of Sparky, Victor, Persephone, Mr. Whiskers, Weird Girl, Edgar and Elsa staring back at me!

Now I'm just waiting, rather impatiently might I add, for the DVD release in February which I have on pre-order! As soon as it drops through our letterbox I'm sticking it in the PS3, grabbing Victor and Sparky and jumping on the sofa to snuggle up with a hot cup of tea (in the Frankenweenie mug naturally!)

Have you had much luck with the January sales?

~ ♥ ~

25 comments:

  1. You found that bat notebook at IKEA? That's a pretty cool and surprising find! I haven't seen anything like that there. Although, I haven't been to IKEA for about a year. It's always fun to see what they have out around the holidays. I had wanted to blog about my last trip there, but the only halfway spooky thing I found was a curvy black mirror. So what did you think of IKEA overall? It would be difficult for me to leave that store without buying something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a stationary and gift wrap section before we got to the tills and my eyes were immediately drawn to the bat! I would have preferred the spine to be black rather than pink but a little bit of girlishness never hurt anyone right?!

      I thought Ikea was very strange! I told my Mum I felt like I was walking through the twilight zone after the first 5 minutes of being in the store! I found the layout to be odd but the idea behind it was quite genius really! I don't know if every Ikea is like the one we went to in Bristol so it is kind of hard to explain! ~♥~

      Delete
  2. You found some really get items! I haven't seen the new Frankenweenie yet but I can't wait to see it. I love the original live action was so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the new Frankenweenie yet either but I adore the original! I always tear up when poor Sparky collapses under the burning windmill :( I know I'm going to love animated remake as I've watched almost every clip of it that I've found on the internet plus I've been looking forward to it for so long! ~♥~

      Delete
  3. I think I'll have to hurry to Ikea tomorrow! You definetively have a great taste in home decoration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! First trip to IKEA?! IKEA is really a staple in Australia. It's been here forever and I think it would be hard to find an Australian home without IKEA products abounding. I haven't been there for a while, so like Justine, the bat notebook was a surprise to me too. I'll be scouring the next IKEA catalogue that is dropped into our letterbox. I'm coveting that lovely striped throw as well! :)

    I love your 'Frankenweenie' swag, especially the plush Sparky and Victor! The movie was wonderful and I can't wait for the DVD. I saw 'ParaNorman' at our local cinema on Sunday (it took ages to be released here for some reason) and that was awesome as too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nearest Ikea to us is over 2 hours away so the only chance I've had to visit is when I go home to see my family as there is a store much nearer there! I ordered the Expedit bookcase from them online about 3 years ago and the only other things I have from Ikea are the Ung Drill mirror and frame which my Mum picked up for me last year! They do carry some really nice things!

      Ohh I cannot wait to watch ParaNorman!!! I've asked for it for my birthday at the end of the month as the DVD gets released on the 28th! I must have watched the Amazon trailer about 10 times over and it cracks me up every time, especially zombie window wiper scene! ~♥~

      Delete
  5. awwww how cute is that!??? great items

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww thats soo cute! you got yourself quite a lot, didnt you! I sure envy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite astonished with what I'd found this year as I never ever have any luck whatsoever with the post Christmas sales! ~♥~

      Delete
  7. wooow what amazing and cheap goods <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't quite believe the price tags myself! ~♥~

      Delete
  8. I was about to say that the striped blanket was amazing when my eyes suddenly moved to Frankenweenie items. Loving the mugs (speciall the green-mad-scientist-themed one); and the breakfast set, and the dolls, and... well, I like it all!
    And you were super lucky with the prices! Here we have no Disney store, so that kind of merchandising is availabe in comic shops and, of course, ridiculously overpriced.I don´t think you could get all that stuff here for less than a hundred and fifty euros. Good for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Violette! That sounds just awful, I know how overpriced comic book shops can be! You could possibly find the slime mug on eBay by now if you really wanted it! You can find almost anything on eBay! ~♥~

      Delete
  9. Ahah i got an edgar , i love him, although that was not almost nothing left on my store i have another near by that i will check this weekend . I saw a beautifull wallet that i adored as soon as i drop it to hold Edgar out of the shelf a woman took it and left, i was so mad., loved your blankie, tea + books + blankies = ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've still not seen Frankenweenie! I was supposed to go and see it at the cinema when it came out but I was ill and I had to cancel, and then I never got round to it. :( I'll probably still buy the DVD when it comes out though!

    I'm meant to be going on a trip to Ikea once the snow clears up to buy a mirror for my desk, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for that notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only been in Ikea twice - and both times I found it so overwhelming I could hardly wait to get out! I do like their Sten storage units though, which are very useful in the basement!

    I haven't seen Frankenweenie yet, but I noticed it was available at the video store in the mall the other day. I'll buy it one day when my daughter is coming over so we can watch it together. :) It's almost a relief that the kids are older now and I no longer have an excuse to go to the Disney store. Saves me a lot of money, because I like absolutely everything you bought and I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to resist! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Frankenweenie-Stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Great blog! :)

    www.baby-psych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You know I love a bargain and there are plenty of them here, Ikea is full of hidden gems - the marketplace is my favourite and wise thinking about the display tray!
    I've not managed to get to the Disney store sale this year, but they always have some amazing stuff in sale. Love all your Frankenweenie bits and pieces xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. BATS at Ikea?? I think I'm going to HAVE to make a visit! I love the striped blanket too! Ikea is an odd place, every time I go I swear I won't go back... but I always wind up going back! They have great rugs, very inexpensive. Since we have pets (& I have the messiest family in the world!) I won't invest in good rugs, I just replace them when I can't get them clean anymore. And kitchen stuff, I always find interesting and well-made kitchen stuff. Haven't seen Frankenweenie yet, but had Netflix send the DVD last week so I'm excited to watch it! You did great at the sales! I still need to get rid, so I've stayed away! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. that heart pattern is beautiful...whyy when I'm at the ikea I never find such cute stuff -.- *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red and white striped tray and those blankets look so comfy. I haven't watched 'Frankenweenie' yet but I love all the Frankenweenie stuff you got.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete