May 08, 2012

It's Only a Paper Moon..

I hope everybody had a much needed and relaxing bank holiday Monday, I spent the day hibernating on the sofa wrapped up in multiple layers of clothing and a blanket and wiled away the day playing Bioshock 2 on the PS3. My love affair for this game has been rekindled after the conversation between Aoife and I during my last blog post and I've not put it down since! The down side is that I've nearly completed it which makes me strangely sad as I will miss the beautiful in-game scenery which screams 1950's America, not to mention the masquerade masked lunatics trying to kill me..

Progress in the living room is still slow - we've now got the television unit built in the second alcove and are waiting for four more shelves to be made, it has been really slowing down our progress, in fact if we didn't choose to have shelves built in the alcoves then I'm sure the living room would have been finished months ago but I don't regret the choice because in the end I know it's going to look wonderful!

I have recently found a few more treasures to adorn the walls once it is ready to decorate, one being this barometer which was made by Shortland and dates from around the 1960s. I've always wanted to own one but a lot of the ones I have come across tend to be quite simple and plain looking, so when I spotted this one with its ornate rococo frame decoration I knew it was the one for me! It's also not too big which is a good thing as it can easily fit in with my collection of ornate frames.


I also nabbed these beautiful vintage Italian made picture frames for around £3 each and as always I shall be replacing the images inside with something more my style!


I've finally got over the monumental flu I've had for 3+ weeks after an emergency trip to the doctor's surgery to get some antibiotics (thank god for those magical pills) and now I'm cough and headache free! I've been dying to do some makeup looks but nobody in their right mind wants to put on makeup when they feel like they have one foot in the grave! Also, I've just recently ordered a remote control for my camera so it'll be much easier for me to take pictures of my makeup.

Whilst I've been recovering from my flu there has been one thing that has been putting a smile on my face other than Pyf and Bella and that is this song which I've probably played 100 times recently, I just can't get enough of it ♥



I wish you all a good evening, I'm going back to the wonderful underwater city of Rapture ♥
(That's more Bioshock talk for those of you who are looking a little confused right about now!)

13 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better, Sandy - and can't wait to see more of your amazing and beautiful makeup art! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your patience - I'm terrible for putting things up on the walls before the room is finished (then have to take them down again or they get a bit paint-spattered...) Lovely frames - someone once told me that barometers are set to local area atmospheric pressure... so would work funny in another part of the country I suppose. They must be very temperamental instruments...

    Phew - thank goodness you've kicked that lurgy outta your life; take it easy for a while longer though so you recover 100%! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way through a project is such a limbo time! We have the same with our dining room- thanks to the weather I can't ventilate it long enough to sand and finish boo hiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song - thanks for sharing the link!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ella Fitzgerald and I love this song in particular. I haven't played Bioshock, I have watched other people play it but its never the same as actually playing it yourself. I'm so glad the antibiotics wiped out your cold, it is so frustrating being sick for that long. I adore the barometer and the vintage picture frames, I hate boring picture frames. I hope you'll post pictures of your living room when you're finished with it.

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ella and Billy Holiday are so fabulous!!! I think you must have the most beautiful house Sandy all the things you buy for it are so beautiful. Happy to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s so enchanting getting caught up in 3 Dimension. That game sounds like a real treat and I’m sure it’s one you will be able to go back to again and again. Lovely additions as always, your living room will look amazing once it’s completed however long it may take it will be worth it. Glad to hear you are feeling better now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you went to the Doc's and got some pills, you'll be right as rain in no time!
    That barometer's a fab find, I've never seen an ornate one before, the one's I come across are always dull and banjo shaped!
    A fabulous house takes time, that's why those 60 Minute Makeover programmes are so crap, I know your's will be beautiful when it's finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The BioShock series is Awesome, kind of sad that BioShock Infinite's release date has been pushed to 2013, really looking forward to it.
    Glad you are feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy,
    I'm so glad you are feeling a lot better now!
    Your house is going to be out of this world when your finished.
    gorgeous vintage Italian frames score!
    Buddy is the same with his games.
    looking forward to more of your exquisite make up photos.
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely and steampunk chic! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better now hun, there is so many of those flu/cold bugs going around. Your house is going to be totally fabulous with all these lovely pieces you keep finding! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm so sorry that you were sick for a while. Wow! But I do love the picture frames you have, they are simply beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete