Do you remember the two lamps that I recently purchased on sale at Dunelm Mill? I loved the base of the lamps and the colour of the shades but I found them to be a bit plain and uninspiring, so with that I decided to spruce them up a bit by giving them a makeover!
I think I must have browsed through every single type of trim you could imagine on eBay until I finally decided upon a beaded trim and even then the band that the beads were on was a little too plain for my liking. So, in the end I also chose a more decorative trim to cover the beaded band and I'm really happy with how they turned out..
I'm not very good with a needle and thread, I can repair holes in clothes and sew on buttons but I didn't feel confident enough with my needlework to experiment on these brand new lamps, instead I opted to use some fabric glue which was so simple to use!
This was such an easy and rewarding project to do, I've even got some trim left over for the future. As you can see our living room walls are still bare plaster, but once it's all been done these lamps will look gorgeous set in place. Until then they are being kept somewhere out of Bella's reach although she doesn't seem to be paying them very much attention so far, so hopefully they're safe!
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I'm on a bit of a Vincent Price kick at the moment so I'll no doubt fit in a few of his old classics over the weekend starting with the Pit and the Pendulum! ♥